Wednesday, February 22, 2012

UROC 100K and UBER ROCK 50K

 

http://ultraroc.com/

Ultra Race of Champions (UROC) 100K and UBER ROCK 50K are great endurance run events which start at Wintergreen Resort in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia every September.

I participated in a 50K trail run variation twice, in a year of 2007 and 2012. Going to sign in for this coming UBER ROCK 50K 2012 again, although it happens just a week later after Savageman triathlon which I run too. What I really like about UROC is its democratic nature, so that leading world ultra-runners like Michael Wardian run it along with aging fitness addicts like myself. In September 2011 I met there a well-known in a world of trail runners Scott McCoubrey (he is a creator of White River 50 Mile Endurance Run, among other things) and bought his great minimalistic eRide Ice Runner shoes.

Also, Blue Ridge is just beautiful in September. It’s quite hilly, but 50K variation is still forgiving enough for beginner ultra-runners. It was my very first 50K trail run in September 2007.

Now, just in a week a registration price for this event is going to increase, so I really urge you to register now. I still don’t feel myself confident enough for 100K variation; it will be a first ultra-run competition after summer break too, so I’m going to run 50K again.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I have just registered for Uber Rock 2012. Would you join me on this great and forgiving ultra-run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Correction: UROC 2012 will be two weeks after Savageman triathlon, not one. Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is GPS track of my Holiday Lake 50K Trail Run competition (Feb. 11, 2012).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another 49er who was not exactly snubbed from being left off the Pro Bowl roster TRX Rip 60, but could be snubbed from winning defensive rookie of the year is Aldon Smith. Aldon Smith was responsible for 14 sacks and was one sack short of breaking Jevon Kearse's rookie sack record Anchoring Solutions. But I have to remember that before this season the only players that we could bet on being elected to the Pro Bowl were Patrick Willis and Andy Lee. This season though we have eight 49ers selected to the Pro Bowl TRX-Suspension-Trainers. And more could be on the way if other players withdraw from the game. But I think I speak for all 49er fans when I say that I wouldn't have a problem with seeing none of the 49ers in the Pro Bowl, and rather in the Super Bowl.Watch NFL Pro Bowl 2012 live stream online AFC vs NFC football games TRX Rip Trainers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fine information, many thanks to the author. It is puzzling to me now, but in general, the usefulness and significance is overwhelming. Very much thanks again and good luck!
    fitness programs for men

    ReplyDelete